If you are planning to develop a windows application, you must first think about everything right from the app generation idea and development to the app submission to the store and promotion. Once the entire plan is ready on mind and paper, only then you must start working on it. This will reduce your re-work, which will ultimately save your time and reduce your development cost too.
Well, windows mobile application development process includes a lot of steps, promotion being the last one. All of us know how important it is to promote any app. There is no use of spending so much of time, efforts, money and resources on an application, if it is not going to be noticed and used by many. For an application to be successful, you must develop it in such a way that it gets noticed, out of a million other apps in the app store.
No matter how amazing your app is, it will of course need to be promoted. However, if you keep in mind certain points during the time of development, the promotion becomes a lot easier. So, we are here to discuss some of the most important points to be taken care of when building an app, which will help you in the later stage, when you will market the app. So, let us take a look at some of the most important ways you can make your Windows app easier to promote.
1. Images and screenshots: Include appealing promo images and attractive screenshots. The first screenshot which represents your app should be too appealing to attract the users.
2. One version: Develop a single version of the app; be it free or paid. Do not one free and another paid one differently, otherwise it will be difficult to promote. You can give free trial version and then make it paid for the advanced version that has more features.
3. Build it for all architectures: Target the maximum traffic possible, so build it in such a way that it can run on all the platforms so that maximum people can use it.
4. Content filter: Make sure that your content filter is on by default within your app and is password protected so that if it contains the 16 + content, it remains hidden from the users till they choose to read it.
5. Make it multilingual: Make sure that you localize your app in a lot of languages, so it becomes easier to use for maximum people; irrespective of their location, religion and language.
6. Submit it to all the markets: Make sure that your app meets the guidelines for all the markets, so that you can submit your app to all of them to reach to maximum targeted audience.
If you keep in mind the above mentioned tips when developing windows apps, it will be extremely beneficial to you at the time of promotion. So, make sure you remember and implement them. Good luck!